Learn About Technology Crimes
Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well. We just experienced some wintry weather for the first time this season, so I’ve got extra work to do outside on the farm. In addition to that, I have to build a quarantine paddock for a new horse that will be coming in about 2 weeks! Because of that, I’ll be taking a few days off the blog until things clear up a bit.
If you use your computer on a regular basis (as many of us bloggers do), you might want to take the time to read some articles about technology crime. Believe it or not, there are a lot of ways for black hats, scammers, and others to get into your computer and use it for ill purposes without your knowledge or consent.
What is Electronic Evidence? –>This interesting article discusses the type of evidence that can be obtained from computers by law enforcement and addresses how fragile said electronic evidence is.
How to Secure a Digital Crime Scene –> Here you will learn the basic steps law enforcement must follow in order to secure a digital crime scene, which can be much different than a typical crime scene.
Privacy in Cyberspace? –> Is your information safe and secure online? Learn the pros and cons of different methods available for heightening security in cyberspace.
Have You Heard of Denial of Service Attacks? –> Did you know that hackers can use your computer as a “zombie” to attack other servers without your knowledge? Learn how they do it and how to protect your computer from them!
Need more to read? Check out some of the articles below! These should keep you busy until my return. 😉 Enjoy!
- Avoiding Identity Theft from Phishing Scams (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Six questioned over £1m student phishing scam (telegraph.co.uk)
- Could phishing attacks prompt business insurance rethink? (premierlinedirect.co.uk)
- Virtual Criminals (centretruths.wordpress.com)
- Evidence Technology Magazine: A Valuable Resource for Your Library (forensics4fiction.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Digital Evidence and Computer Crime (books.slashdot.org)
- Fuzz Crime Scene Scarf: Love It or Hate It? (fabsugar.com)
- What are The Universal Precautions in Forensics? (socyberty.com)
- Blood Evidence from People (happilyeverafter71011.wordpress.com)
- Blood Evidence from a Crime Scene (happilyeverafter71011.wordpress.com)
- Suspects in thefts from crime scene speak out (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Phishing Season Never Really Ends (turbotax.intuit.com)
- What is Electronic Evidence? (socyberty.com)
- How to Secure a Digital Crime Scene (socyberty.com)
Posted on January 21, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged article, crime, Crime scene, Denial-of-service attack, Digital evidence, evidence, Forensic science, forensics, Phish. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.